We need to root out racism in our community. Stop hosting Israeli Ambassador Tzipi Hotovely.
Hotovely is a racist. Her appalling record throughout her political career includes:
- Calling the Nakba an “Arab lie”
- Inviting the far-right Jewish supremacist organisation Lehava to speak in the Knesset (the Israeli parliament)
- Publicly opposing relationships between Jews and Arabs
- Referring to Israeli human rights activists as “war criminals” and comparing them to a fifth column
- Accusing Palestinians of being “thieves of history” who have no heritage or connection to Israel-Palestine
- Calling for the Israeli flag to fly over the Temple Mount – a violation of the status quo in a holy site for both Muslims and Jews
- Stating that the occupation is “a myth” and, as Settlements Minister, directly upholding Israel’s illegal presence in the West Bank
- Leading the campaign for annexation and claiming that biblical texts entitle Israel to the entirety of the land between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea
Despite this, British Jewish institutions continue to welcome Hotovely. The Alliance of Jewish Women, Liberal Judaism, and now Masorti Judaism have all hosted her. Doing so normalises her virulent racism against Palestinians and shields her from critiques of her views.
We need our leadership to commit to justice in our community.